Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day is observed annually on October 24. It is part of an effort designed to increase public awareness of the progress, promise, and benefits of acupuncture and Oriental medicine.
How to Get Involved:
1. Tips For Promoting Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day From aomday.org
For practitioners or educational institutions:
- Host an open house. Invite members of the public to tour your office or institution. This is especially useful for educational institutions since it may also attract potential students.
- Contact your local library to see what books or reference material about acupuncture and Oriental medicine are in its collection. Ask the librarians to organize a display. Offer to give a lecture. Consider making a donation of books and inviting the local media to cover the presentation.
- Volunteer to provide a free lecture to civic/religious organizations, schools/colleges, libraries, large businesses or healthcare facilities.
- Exhibit or distribute informational material at health fairs and/or job fairs.
- Contact local school guidance counselors, deans, and/or science teachers. Invite them and their students who are interested in a career in acupuncture or Oriental medicine to tour your office or institution.
For practitioners, educational institutions or state/local associations:
- Contact your local government officials (mayor, governor) about proclaiming October 24 as Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day and encourage their participation in local activities.
- Place a link from your Web site to the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day site at www.aomday.org
You can find out more, including marketing ideas on www.aomday.org
2. AOM Day Outreach Toolkit
The CSA (Council of State Associations) has put together this great AOM Day Outreach Toolkit on how you can promote AOM in your practice. It includes outreach event planning, an outreach event checklist, sample talking points, sample treatment giveaway, sample instructional giveaways, a sample event announcement and a sample follow up letter.